Saturday 28 May 2011

Afternoon tea rides?

I am repeating a post from over two years ago (gulp). I haven't re-checked the info, but I have added some new details from comments received.

The following Essex country churches are known to serve tea and cakes on summer Sunday afternoons:

  • Blackmore, St Laurence. 2 or possibly 2.30-4.30pm (first Sunday of months of May - October). Very popular with cyclists.
  • High Beech, Holy Innocents. 2-5pm, every Sunday May - September). Allegedly 20 types of cake (source of this info not recorded, but I feel certain there should be a disclaimer here somewhere!)
  • Stanford Rivers, St Margaret. 2 - 4.30 some say, but the church's website says 2.30-4.30. Tea also available by arrangement.
  • All Saints Doddinghurst - I'm told by Andrew Smith that they serve tea and cake, and to check their website, but I can't find anything there and the site isn't being updated.
Anyone planning to lead a bike ride might like to cut their teeth with an afternoon trip to one of these.

No comments: