Tuesday 19 January 2010

Poor service at Upney station

I went to Upney station at about 11.30 on a weekday (as I was passing) to get a couple of customer charter refunds put on my Oyster Card. There was one member of staff doing nothing in particular, so I thought if I stood by the ticket window he would come and serve me. There were no other customers. There was, though, another staff member in the ticket office, who, instead of serving me pointed out that the ticket office was closed, even coming out to show me the sign saying that it was closed, telling me that I could buy a ticket from the machine (though I had told him why I was there) and repeating several times that I could be served the next morning (no good to me).

This is very poor customer service - it would have been easier and quicker to serve me than to take all that time telling me that he couldn't.

I'm quite happy getting things from the internet or machines, but if that's not possible, and staff are available, why couldn't they help me?

No comments: