Saturday 26 June 2010

Cycle Super Highway - users views

I've been on the A13 CSH - CSH3 (in the dry) - see previous post - and I experienced no grip problems whatsoever, so I'm puzzled by the reports of slipperiness. If you know of any incidents of skidding, please let me know details - where, when, weather. Obviously first hand reports are important - everything else could be a rumour tracing back to one incident.

Whilst I share sceptcism about painting the route blue just to brand it, I am only interested in this context to hear about safety concerns/issues.

If you have used the route without problems since it has been painted, as I have, please also let me know where, when and weather.

2 comments:

Marko said...

Dear All,
Having been a regular user of that particular stretch of road for some years I have not noticed any drop in levels of grip since it was branded a superhighway. I did have my fears when I saw the blue paint going down but they were unfounded. I commute from Dagenham East to East Ham on a daily basis. My tyres are armadillos with prescious non-existent tread running at about 120psi and have had no problems even in the wet on the newly painted surface. My only gripe is the engineered concrete sections especially the dropped kerbs....
Cheers All
Mark

The Idea Bakery said...

has anyone cycled the full stretch yet? I work in Oxford circus and live in barking, just wondering if the new high way will make this a realistic journey?