Saturday 9 April 2011

Linton Road anti cycling; pedestrian route signs


I've done lots of campaigning about cycling in Barking town centre. I cringe when I see Linton Road, with such an obvious example of where cycling has been unnecessarily restricted. (See photo). Also dotted around the town are pedestrian signs with timings to destinations. I've nothing against them as such, but why has cycling been overlooked again? In the cluster shown in the photo, only "The City" is given as a cycle destination. Why wouldn't people be cycling  to Greatfields Park, or Thames View?

2 comments:

KellyD said...

Is there any way for me to contact you to obtain your permission to use one of your photos in a document on transportation safety? I am mostly interested in the pedestrian wayfinding sign.

cardinal_1962 said...

Feel free to use my photos as youy see fit. In my view the ped only route signs are a wasted opportunity to give cycling route information.