Tuesday 21 December 2010

Countdown out - part 2

My useless bus information post reminded me of my adventures earlier in the month, trying to get to the National Theatre. Here is the text of my complaint:

"From:
Sent: 12 December 2010 20:42
To: 'enquire@tfl.gov.uk'
Subject: Jubilee Line Sunday 12/10/10

I’m writing to complain about the train information at West Ham (Jubilee line platform) today. I arrived there at about 1.30pm, and for the next 15-20 minutes the display was showing that a train would arrive in 3 minutes, the 2, then 3 again, then 2, and so on. I understand that you had problems with the trains – that’s not what I am complaining about. If you had advised us to use another route that would have been fair enough, but instead you caused us all to wait there in the belief that there was a train coming shortly.

Surely your information systems on this new line can actually tell us with a reasonable degree of accuracy when a train is actually coming?

No comments: